Cosmetic Tattooing, also called Semi-Permanent Makeup or Micropigmentation, is the process of implanting colour pigment beneath the surface of the skin by means of a tiny, sterile, disposable needle to produce the appearance of cosmetic makeup or to enhance the natural features of the face.
- Pregnant women
- People below the age of 18
- People with a transferable blood disease
- People who have been on Accutane (must have been off product for 1 year)
- People prone to keloid scars
- People undergoing chemotherapy or radiation.
- Avoid alcohol/Caffeine for 24 hours prior to the procedure
- Avoid the sun for 72 hours prior to your appointment
- Avoid blood thinning medications 72 hours prior to your appointment – this includes ibuprofen, aspirin & fish oil
- If you are considering wrinkle relaxers (Botox), it is best to have your brows tattooed first or for you to have Botox at least 2 weeks before your tattoo appointment
- Avoid lip fillers for at least 2 weeks prior to your lip blushing appointment
- Don’t wax or tint your eyebrows before tattooing
- If you have been taking acne medications such as Accutane/Retin-A within the last year your skin will not heal well
- If you are having your brows tattooed wash your hair that morning as you won’t be able to get your healing tattoo wet for at least a week after your appointment
- If you are having your lips tattooed, we recommend taking a cold sore preventive treatment for a week prior – even if you have never had a cold sore outbreak, the virus may be lying dormant in your system and if so, tattooing lips can bring it out
Most of all – relax! It’s definitely not as scary as you may think, and some clients even fall asleep during the procedure!
It’s incredibly important to follow a strict aftercare routine following lip blushing. The overall results are dependent on ensuring the best care for your lips! Initially your lips will be swollen and the colour will be quite intense before they peel and reveal your lip blush colour. At your appointment, we will talk through all of this and you’ll be provided with after-care instructions.
- Immediately after your lip blushing appointment, it’s best to refrain from eating and it’s best to drink through a straw
- Blot your lips with a damp, sterile cotton pad and apply ointment
- Clean your lips gently after every meal with a cotton pad and warm water, dry the lips with a cotton pad or clean towel and apply ointment
- Do not touch your lips or pick at the skin or scabs that may form and peel off
- Makeup or care products on the area besides the prescribed aftercare ointment
- Spicy or very salty foods for the first 2 days (it can sting)
- Getting lips soaking wet – no long hot showers, no swimming, no excessive sweating (including and saunas and steam baths) and no extreme workouts until the lips heal
- Getting toothpaste on your lips
- Drinking anything too hot for the first 2 days as it can promote swelling
- Drinking alcohol while the lips are heeling as it can dry your lips further
- Exposing your lips to the sunlight – no tanning in the sun or tanning bed for 4 weeks
- Sleeping on your face
- Teeth whitening
- Botox, fillers, facials and peels for 2 weeks
Following your aftercare is extremely important. At your appointment, we will talk through all of this and you’ll be provided with after-care instructions.
- Avoid getting the tattooed area wet for 7-10 days
- Keep the area clean by using a cotton tip with warm water to wipe over the tattoo area – do not rub just gently wipe the area morning and night.
- Do not use a washcloth or sponge over tattooed area
- Do not use cleansing creams, acne cleansers or astringents
- Apply the aftercare ointment with a Q-tip twice a day and use the ointment very sparingly – we prefer a “Chapstick” amount vs. a “lip-gloss” amount
- Wipe off excess ointment with a clean Q-tip
- Never touch the procedure area without washing your hands
- Do not scrub, rub or pick the epithelial crust that forms, allow it to flake off by itself – if it is removed before it is ready the pigment underneath it can be pulled out
- After the 7 days healing period, always use a sunblock to protect from sun fading the colour
- Maintaining proper skin care is suggested to help keep your brows as vibrant and fresh as possible – this means cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing the brow area is recommended
If you have any signs and symptoms of infections, we advise you to seek medical care. These include but are not limited to redness, swelling, tenderness of the procedure site, red streaks going from procedure site towards the heart, elevated body temperature, or drainage from the procedure site.
This depends on what you have tattooed, and what type of tattoo. Please click here to see our prices.
Yes, a 40% deposit is required for all bookings. Please note, 48 hours notice is required for all cancellations or rescheduling an appointment.
For no show or cancellation on Thursday and Saturday, the FULL price will be charged.